Amy Goodman speaks to former Department of Homeland Security attorney Margo Schlanger and attorney Cesar Vargas, co-director of DREAM Action Coalition, about how the White House is moving to greatly expand the Department of Homeland Security’s authority to deport millions of undocumented immigrants and to increase the number of immigration and Border Patrol agents by 15,000. President Obama’s deportation practices set the stage for today’s new crackdown. During his time in office, Obama deported a record 2.7 million people. In 2014, the head of the National Council of La Raza, Janet Murguía, called Obama the nation’s “deporter-in-chief”. (Democracy Now!)
- ‘A Deportation Force on Steroids’: Millions of Immigrants Could Face Removal Under New Trump Rules
- DHS Memos: Speed Up Mass Deportations and Prosecute Parents Who Help Undocumented Children Enter U.S.
- Advocates gearing up to challenge tough new DHS rules on deportation
- Did Jeff Sessions Foreshadow New Immigration Crackdown in a Memo Before Becoming Attorney General?
- Sessions letter from last year shows new DHS orders have long history
- Obama Handed a Lethal Deportation Machine to Trump’s Gang of White Nationalists
- Were More People Deported Under the Obama Administration Than Any Other?