Juan Gonzalez speaks to McClatchy reporter Franco Ordoñez and Tim Warden-Hertz of the North West Immigrants Rights Project about how the harsh new draft orders that were signed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) were largely endorsed by then-Senator Jeff Sessions months before he took office as attorney general. (Democracy Now!)
- Sessions letter from last year shows new DHS orders have long history
- Advocates gearing up to challenge tough new DHS rules on deportation
- ‘A Deportation Force on Steroids’: Millions of Immigrants Could Face Removal Under New Trump Rules
- Trump’s Deportations are Possible Because Obama and Congress Failed to Protect Immigrants
- Obama Handed a Lethal Deportation Machine to Trump’s Gang of White Nationalists
- Were More People Deported Under the Obama Administration Than Any Other?