Hillary Clinton falling ill Sunday morning at a memorial service on the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks will catapult questions about her health from the ranks of conservative conspiracy theory to perhaps the central debate in the presidential race over the coming days.
“Secretary Clinton attended the September 11th Commemoration Ceremony for just an hour and thirty minutes this morning to pay her respects and greet some of the families of the fallen,” spokesman Nick Merrill said. “During the ceremony, she felt overheated, so departed to go to her daughter’s apartment and is feeling much better.”
What that statement leaves out is that a) it came 90 minutes after Clinton left the ceremony b) reporters — or even a reporter — were not allowed to follow her and c) the temperature in New York City at the time of Clinton’s overheating was in the low 80s. (A heat wave over the eastern United States broke last night/this morning.)
She later left her daughter’s apartment, saying she was “feeling great” and waving at the crowd, per the Associated Press.
- Clinton ‘felt unwell’ at 9/11 ceremony
- The Race for President is (Probably) Over
- What medical records say about Hillary Clinton’s health
- Video from 9/11 event could fuel rumors about Hillary Clinton’s health
- Clinton leaves 9/11 event for health reasons: what we know, and what we don’t
- Hillary Clinton Health Questions Divide Mainstream Media As Conspiracy Rumors Persist
- Chillizza: Can we just stop talking about Hillary Clinton’s health now?