‘[…] As I’ve previously shown, in the media’s rush to hype the threat, the fact of FBI-manufactured—or at least “assisted”—terror plots is left out as a complicating factor altogether, and the viewer is left thinking the FBI arrested 50 actual ISIS sleeper cells.
Nevertheless, the ominous FBI (or Department of Homeland Security) “terror warning” has become such a staple of the on-going, seemingly endless “war on terror” (d/b/a war on ISIS), we hardly even notice it anymore. Marked by a feedback loop of extremist propaganda, unverifiable claims about “online chatter” and fuzzy pronouncements issued by a neverending string of faceless Muslim bad guys, and given PR cover by FBI-contrived “terror plots,” the specter of the impending “attack” is part of a broader white noise of fear that never went away after 9/11. Indeed, the verbiage employed by the FBI in this latest warning —“we’re asking people to remain vigilant”—implies no actual change of the status quo, just an hysterical nudge to not let down our collective guard.
There’s only one problem: These warnings never actually come to fruition. Not rarely, or almost never, but—by all accounts—never. No attacks, no arrests, no suspects at large.’
- No Actual Threat, But US Ratchets Up Security for July 4th
- Fear Alert: US Press Unquestioningly Spread Predictions of ISIS Attacks on July 4th Holiday
- FBI sets up command centres to tackle potential terror threats on US Independence Day
- US officials warn of potential 4th of July terror attacks
- Former CIA director Mike Morell: Be Scared
- Ex-DHS head Chertoff pushes back against terror warning skeptics
- Stop Feeding the Troll: The Case for an ISIS Propaganda Blackout
- Media Inflate Threat With ‘ISIS Plots’ That Don’t Actually Involve ISIS
- Top 10 Bogus ISIS Stories
- Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured To Raise Terror Alert To Help Bush Win