‘[…] Obama’s foreign policy doctrine as a whole has been slammed as too slow to respond, too passive instead of proactive, especially as crises have unfolded everywhere from Ukraine to the Gaza Strip. In the interview, Clinton, who served as secretary of state during Obama’s first term, argues there’s a balance that can be struck between muscularity and isolationism — bolstering the concept of American exceptionalism, which she promotes in her new book, “Hard Choices.” A source familiar with the interview said Clinton’s team gave the White House a warning that it had taken place. Clinton aides described the interview as one intended to promote her memoir.
Political watchers will be tempted to characterize Clinton’s comments as calibrating away from an unpopular president as she looks toward a second presidential campaign. But Clinton has always been more of a hawk than Obama, and she has reached a point where she seems comfortable explaining their differences. Still, while her comments may not have been a specific effort to escape the creeping shadow of global chaos stretching over the White House, they will be viewed that way.’
- Hillary Clinton: ‘Failure’ to Help Syrian Rebels Led to the Rise of ISIS
- Hillary Clinton blasts ‘unfair’ world reaction over Gaza, cites anti-Semitism as factor
- Hillary Clinton Joins GOP 2016 Hopefuls in Bashing President Obama
- What is Clintonism? Hillary as Reaganite Malware
- Ralph Nader Would Prefer This Republican over ‘Generalissima’ Hillary Clinton
- Are Neocons Getting Ready to Ally With Hillary Clinton?
- Thom Hartmann: Hillary Clinton and the Big Banks
- Jeffrey St. Clair: Down and Out With Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton says she’s unlike the ‘truly well off’
- Hillary Clinton and the Weaponization of the State Department
- RNC: Clinton would be Obama ‘third term’
- Ralph Nader: Hillary’s Haughty Hyperbole!
- Greenwald Bashes ‘Neocon’ Hillary Clinton: ‘She’s a F*cking Hawk’
- Hillary Clinton sizes up lame-duck Obama