For the third time this month, a UN Security Council resolution on Syria’s disarmament has stalled for the exact same reason, that the US and its allies are again pushing for the resolution to include an authorization to use military force.
This keeps happening, with efforts to bury a war authorization in the disarmament deal blocked by Russia, and Western nations seemingly backing down before coming back with the same plan again.
- US: Syria’s Chemical Weapons List ‘Surprisingly Complete’ (Antiwar)
- Robert Fisk: Gas missiles ‘were not sold to Syria’ (Independent)
- U.S. ‘blackmailing’ Russia on Syria, Lavrov says (CNN)
- Kremlin: Russia may change stance on Syria if Assad ‘cheats’ (RT)
- Russian offers troops to help remove Syria chemical arms (BBC)
- Lavrov: Chemical weapons held by all sides in Syria should be destroyed (RT)
- UN Report Provides Information, Not ‘Intelligence’ (FAIR)
- UN Chemical Weapons Inspectors ‘To Return to Syria’ (BBC)
- Hezbollah denies getting Syrian chemical weapons (Times of Israel)